Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Easy DIY Crib Rail Cover
My little man has finally started the biting phase. We have about 7 chompers now and at any chance he gets he will bite you and let me tell you, those teeth are SHARP! I have been wanting to make a crib rail cover before he starts biting his crib and leave those cute little teeth marks.
I honestly couldn’t believe how easy they were to actually make. I made 2 of them in just one night. (The extra one I took to moms house for her crib) I know you are able to buy crib rail covers at most baby stores and online, but my crib has an extra wide top so I decided to make one instead.
The best part it only cost me less then 20 bucks for the quilted fabric and the bias tape. I’ll add links at the bottom to the project materials, as well as very affordable crib rails you can purchase online.
First, you need to lay out your fabric and measure to the length you need. Make sure you add an extra 2 inches for when you fold in the sides for sewing.
I choose to use the quilted fabric that already had the batting on the inside. Saving my self an extra step. The longest and most time consuming part is the pinning. I got smarter with my second cover, I folded the fabric over once and removed the pin and folded over again and re-pinned. Saving myself, to sew around the cover twice.
Demonstrating my double fold
For the ties I used the bias tape. I did sew down the edge to make it look more complete and so I didn’t have to worry about it fraying open. I measured the ties out evenly with my cover size. I would recommend about two inches in from the corner edge so its easier to tie to your crib.
YIPPEE!! Your done! It was so simple and easy and ALOT cheaper then having to buy one. The best part you are able to design and pick the colors of your nursery to coordinate.
Now, I also completely understand that it can be difficult to find the time for a project like this. For busy mums, the occasional free evening can be the only time to relax and maybe catch up on your favorite shows. With that in mind, there are padded crib rail options available online that I like quite a bit as well.
- SOFT AND COLORFUL – High-quality crib rail cover set comprised of three pieces that can be placed over most standard cribs; front rail measures 51 inches by 8 inches and side rails 27.5 inches by 8 inches. Front Rail cover includes 5-pairs of ties and Side Rail covers include 4-pair of ties to ensure a secure fit. Keeps teething toddlers from chewing on crib rails and protects cribs from marks and scratches
- PERFECT FIT – Easy installation; loop one string through a hole in the cover and another string around the bottom then double knot them together in a pretty bow. The end result is a unique accessory that won’t budge, offers full protection and is cute to look at
- HIGH QUALITY & EASY CARE – Made from 100% silky soft microfiber fabric that is machine washable and reversible, free of PVC, lead, phthalate and BPA; meets the standards of CPSIA and CPSC to ensure it’s completely safe for babies
- FAMILY OWNED COMPANY – As a family-owned company based out of New Jersey, we believe every child deserves the best. Our Everyday Kids brand is dedicated to making high quality bedding products affordable for all children to have the safe and comfortable sleeping experience they deserve.
- TOP RATED CUSTOMER SERVICE – With comfort and safety in mind, we’ve carefully selected high quality and naturally hypoallergenic fabrics for our products, and we also believe in providing everyday kids with bedding products free from harmful chemicals. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on Everyday Kids products. If you have any issues or concerns with our products, our US-based customer service team can be available to respond to your request within 24 hours.