Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Stroller Wagon Reviewed
If you haven’t already considered a stroller wagon as an alternative to a stroller, then you need to. Stroller wagons offer all the benefits of a stroller as well as a wagon, and according to my kids, are much more fun for your kids.
That’s why Firefly Mommy brings your our review of the best stroller wagon. We looked at five of the most popular and feature-rich kids wagons on the market.
Stroller wagons have a lot to offer and a wide range of designs. On top of that, there are a good number of other considerations that make a lot of sense. To name a few, how many passengers and what type of terrain do you want to roll through?
Your preferences will certainly have an influence on the model that impresses you the most and we look at all the details below. You can also jump down to our quick comparison chart for fast answers.
Check out our favorite Stroller Wagon
We list a few suggestions below that might shed some light on reasonable features to consider before you make a purchase. You can also jump down to the comparison chart below for quick answers and details.
Top Stroller Wagon Comparison Chart
Best Stroller Wagon
A sizeable, collapsible stroller wagon, the Keenz 7s is an incredibly nimble and convenient little hybrid. Big enough to accommodate most children up to 6 and over, yet collapsible into a tiny folded shape that can easily be stowed away in most car trunks.
The peaked roof offers a nice canopy and shelter from the sun for those outdoor excursions, especially thanks to the mesh screen. Whenever you don’t need it, the roof can be retracted as well, so you can keep an eye on what, exactly, your little tykes are up to in there.
Though it might look a little less substantial than some of the other options we’re reviewing here, the Keenz 7s offers the stability and durability you would expect from a wagon, to go with the convenience of the stroller.
The polyester fabric of the siding and roof is hard-wearing, and the aluminum frame is solid and dependable, only weighing 32 pounds itself, but able to accommodate weights of up to 110 pounds. Though given the space that the basket opens, you might get tempted to test that limit. It truly is huge, enough to accommodate just about any kid and, in some cases, two lying side by side.
Ease of control is another big feature worth talking about, as well. The smaller front wheels make for excellent maneuvering. Step on/off brakes help you stay in control of the ride with no problems.
The dual adjustable handles are also an incredibly welcome feature, making this a handy tool for parents of all shapes and sizes. When it comes to practicality, it has the nice addition of shoe storage which can just as easily be used for smaller bags and other objects. It’s not quite a basket attachment, but it offers a little more additional space than some of the other stroller wagons reviewed here.
- VERSATILE STROLLER WAGON: Keenz Stroller Wagons are designed with the active family in mind - use the 7S pull/push wagon stroller for trips to the park or beach, sporting events, family outings, and more.
- SAFE, SECURE STROLLER: Designed to grow with your family and last for years, the 7S has two adjustable 5-point harnesses for safely transporting children, while they sit, watch or play. With 3 adjustable heights on both sides for the 5-point harnesses, Keenz Stroller Wagons are designed to work as a baby wagon stroller and grow with you into a stroller for big kids.
- UTILITY WAGON: Kids need lots of stuff, and a Keenz stroller wagon makes it easy to transport it all! The deep body wagon stroller has a 110lb capacity and space for toys, snacks, clothes and kids!
- DURABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT: Made from 1.6mm aluminum, the stroller wagon weighs just 32lb and folds easily for storage and transportation. The baby wagon stroller has 1 step brakes and adjustable handles.
- PRACTICAL FEATURES: The pull or push wagon stroller has drapes and built in shoe storage, and the stroller wagon comes with a cup holder, grey cooler bag, canopy storage bag, and storage cover.
Combining the comfort and convenience of a premium stroller with the durability of a rugged wagon, the Baby Trend Expedition Stroller Wagon is a stroller wagon hybrid built for ages 0-5+. It offers 2 cup holders as well as a snack and drink tray while also maintaining a 3 point safety harness so your kids can observe and explore with ease and safety.
The handle controls make pushing it, pulling it, turning, pivoting and maneuvering easy as pie, and it even folds down so that you can store it and transport it with no problem.
Spacious, easy to maneuver, and built to last, build quality simply oozes out of this hybrid, offering some much-needed peace of mind for those parents wheeling their kids around parks, amusement parks, malls, and even into more rugged territory.
For a stroller wagon of this size, you might imagine needing to have a pretty large steering radius, but the ability to push, pull, and pivot with ease means that you can handily navigate even the tightest of corners without hassle.
Big and hardy as it is, the Baby Trend Expedition Stroller Wagon does require a little focus to use effectively. Trying to pilot this hybrid one-handed will quickly see it veering off into all sorts of directions. However, that’s only a minor detraction for this high-quality, highly maneuverable stroller wagon, that’s both big enough to sit two growing kids comfortably while also being incredibly easy to stow for transport and storage.
- Hideaway pull handle easily allows the expedition stroller wagon to transform from "push" A stroller to "pull" A wagon mode
- Includes Seat2Mat: extra cushion that can transform into a lie down mat
- Flip over basket can be used at the front or Back of wagon
- Super large cargo space with built-in seating for two, includes 3-point safety harness belt
- Ultimate storage solutions include parent and child trays with 2 cup holders and center consoles, plus 2 additional cup holders outside of the wagon
Don’t let the bright yellow fool you, this truly massive passenger wagon quad stroller means business. As the name implies, this hybrid is designed to fit four passengers at once, with two detachable seats on either end facing one another.
Designed with some incredibly space efficiency, the clips on the harnesses for each seat attach to the top bar of the sturdy frame, saving space while also ensuring each child’s weight is distributed evenly, meaning that pushing a full load is much easier than it might otherwise be and you don’t have to worry about the thing tipping over every time you want to take a corner.
How you use that space is highly flexible, as well. The weight capacity of 300 lbs means you can easily carry children of just about any age from 6 months and up.
The comfortable carriage is just as suitable for laying down in, and it even has a zipper door so that kids can climb in and out as needed. Don’t worry, the zips are on the outside only, so you don’t have to worry about your kids sneaking off.
Deep pockets on either end of the wagon also means plenty of storage space so you don’t have to push with your hands full. There’s even space under the seats.
The huge canopy is perfect for blocking the sun on those too hot days and offering some privacy. Not only can it be reversed and pulled down entirely, but it can also be angled however you need it, perfect for matching the angle of the sun.
Big as it is, the width and length are perfect for getting through doors thanks to how well that space is distributed. Even when full, it’s easy to push, as well, thanks to soft, responsive rubber wheels. Overall, a beast of a wagon that can easily handle what it advertises.
- PERFECT CARRIER FOR KIDS – Baby bags. Booster seats. Strollers. Sometimes, taking our little ones on the go with us is nearly impossible! Babies and toddlers alike love strolling around in the WONDERFOLD Multi-Function Wagon, secured in a 5-point harness and covered by a UV protected canopy. With high face to face seats with footrests, this stroller wagon makes it easy to take the entire family to the park, beach, campsite, and more!
- COLLAPSIBLE WITH PUSH HANDLE– Our user-friendly design makes this wagon easily foldable with minimal assembly required. The one-step folding design allows you to fold and store your Wagon in seconds.The adjustable push handle can be customized to accommodate different heights and needs. When little ones are in the basket, the push handle makes it easy to keep an eye on them while you’re on the move!
- SAFETY HARNESS AND PUSH HANDLE – Our wagon is designed with four 5-point adjustable safety harnesses, a front zipper door for children's easy access, and a deep carriage with mesh panels for increased ventilation. The WONDERFOLD W4 Wagon also comes with extra pockets on front, sides, and rear.
- HEAVY DUTY – With 8” front wheels that come equipped with suspension and bearings installed, and 10” rear wheels with one step foot brake, your infants will be safe and secure. This WONDERFOLD Wagon is made with high quality 600D polyester fabric and has a steel frame that can support 300 lbs. Plus, this wagon comes with a slidable and removable UV protected canopy for ultimate comfort in various weather conditions.
- MULTIPURPOSE AND LONG-LASTING – After your children have outgrown the stroller, it can be used as a utility wagon. All seats can be easily removed to transform the stroller wagon into the perfect carrier for sports equipment, camping gear, luggage, and so much more!
Another stroller wagon in the larger range. Though not quite as deep and long as the WonderFold, the Creative Outdoor hybrid still supports up to 150 pounds. However, with a removable canopy and a folding function, it’s incredibly easy to stow it away and expand it again whenever you need to.
Hardy and well made, the denier blend fabric is as comfortable as it is durable while the steel frame easily supports whatever you put in it. Combined with solid rubber tires, this stroller wagon can deal with all kinds of terrain without too much trouble.
The basket might not be as deep as some of the other stroller wagons we’re reviewing here, but it’s perfectly spacious enough to support two children lying side by side (or a particularly large dog).
The basket attachment directly beneath the handle makes for excellent place to hold whatever you want to bring with you. Definitely a feature that more wagons should have.
Confusingly missing on the photo provided, it also has a host of pockets, a cup holder, and some zippered pouches that offer even more storage space.
It’s also highly maneuverable, thanks to swiveling wheels at the front that can take even the tightest corners with ease. The solid rubber wheels also mean that it doesn’t have the problem that others do of swiveling right out of control, so it’s actually easy enough to pilot it with one hand alone.
Combine that with the fact you can both push and pull, and it’s definitely one of the more convenient strollers around. Able to seat kids of all ages, easy to maneuver, and built with high-quality materials, it’s hard to go wrong with this stroller.
- ✔️ BUILT TOUGH: The collapsible push/pull wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributor is built tough. Built with a steel frame and durable denier blend fabric - it can support up to 150 lbs.
- ✔️ PUSH OR PULL: The wagon is designed to be pushed like a stroller or pulled behind you - the front wheels have a 360-degree swivel allowing you to maneuver around obstacles. The sturdy construction can take on all terrains including dirt, pavement, grass, or sand.
- ✔️ TRAVEL-READY: Take children to the park, head to the local farmers market, work around the garden or yard, tailgating, shopping, music festivals, beach trips, picnics, or camping - this wagon handles it all. This foldable cart is extremely portable when not in use. Simply fold it up and store it in the trunk of your car, closet, or garage. When you need it - pull it out and expand.
- ✔️ REMOVABLE CANOPY: The removable canopy provides shade for your kids or pets while they ride in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays.
- ✔️ DIMENSIONS: Unfolded - 48"L X 22"W X 38.5"H | Folded - 11.25"L X 22"W X 31.5"H | Interior - 31.5"L X 17.5"W X 10.5"H
Lastly, the Radio Flyer is the least expensive offering we’re taking a look at for now, but that doesn’t mean that you’re sacrificing a lot when it comes to quality.
At max capacity, it offers two seats positioned opposite from one another, but there are five different configurations so you can get the perfect balance of storage or seating depending on your needs at the same.
Recommended for kids from 18 months to 5 years old, it’s smaller but still quite resilient, though that does translate to it being a little heavier than you might expect for the size. However, the weight combined with that size means that it has a good weight distribution, making for easy turns and stable rides.
Though it might seem a little lacking on space compared to the others reviewed here, it’s still spacious enough for two kids, easily, and has plenty of storage potential, especially with the storage bag attachment on the back.
It handles its full capacity well thanks to foam rubber wheels, that can easily handle bumps and rougher terrain, but do struggle somewhat when rolling across the sand. The air in the tires can be let out and added at will, too, meaning you can configure it to suit your terrain all the better.
Versatility is one of the biggest benefits of this stroller. You can position two seats opposite one another, free up a space for a storage attachment, or fold a seat down to use it as a table, footrest, or something else entirely. Add to that the easily attached and detached canopy that offers great protection from the sun.
The only downside is that it might feel a little clunky compared to some of the other options here without the same level of maneuverability, but if you’re looking for affordability, sturdiness, and versatility, the Radio Flyer has you covered.
- 10” ALL-TERRAIN RUBBER AIR TIRES: the rugged all-terrain rubber air tires provide a smooth ride on any terrain. The air tires are 10” in diameter and are perfect for hauling both toddlers and cargo.
- VERSATILE FOLDING SEATS: the Deluxe All-Terrain Family wagon has patented 5-way folding seats. The versatile seats provide 5 storage and seating options.
- STORAGE CAPACITY: the wagon features 4 cup holders, 2 for children and 2 for adults. With a weight capacity of 200 lbs., this wagon can haul it all including coolers, chairs, diaper bags, sports equipment and more!
- SAFE FOR KIDS: the seats feature two seat belts for added safety and the UV protection canopy protects your little ones from the sun. The plastic body is also easily wiped clean.
- SPECIFICATIONS: assembled dimensions are 41. 5” L x 21.75” W x 13.75” H. Recommended for kids 1 ½+ years. Maximum weight capacity 200 lbs.
Top Stroller Wagon Features To Consider
The best stroller wagons offer versatile seating, so your kids can enjoy the ride in a variety of situations. Comfortable seating is important for obvious reasons, but safety is also a big deal. Depending on what you are doing, buckling your kids in and knowing they are secure is of paramount importance. Some stroller wagon models even offer removable seats, so you can lay your infant or toddler down for a lovely nap.
Walking and drinking just go hand-in-hand. Of course, your kids will want a drink the instant they see you having one, so you better have enough drinks to go around. Tossing leaky kids cups in storage pouches is not ideal, so molded cup holders really add a lot of value to a kids wagon.
Quality stroller wagons are going to feature smooth tires, suspension systems, and easy pivoting wheels so you can turn and maneuver in any direction you might need.
Easy folding is another big benefit of the top stroller wagons. Most of our family vehicles are pretty full of little children and don’t exactly offer boundless extra space. Being able to stow a baby wagon in your vehicle without wasting space is essential.
Shielding your baby’s sensitive skin from bright sunlight and UV rays is another feature that baby wagon should provide. After a long day of fun and walking around an amusement park, or fair grounds, the mood might make a shift toward some naptime. Like adults, children don’t sleep very soundly with bright sun shining in their eyes. A good kids wagon with canopy overhead can help your child to get a good rest and avoid disruptions.
Baby Carrier Compatible
In order to get the most our of your wagon, it’s really worthwhile to shop for a stroller wagon and baby carrier at the same time. Manufacturers design their car seats and baby carriers to lock into certain models of stroller wagons. This feature can prove very helpful at times, but you have to make sure of compatibility first.