Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Kids Wagons Reviewed
A child without a kids wagon is like a baseball player, without a baseball. Wagons are just an essential part of the childhood experience.
Our kids love a good wagon ride while playing in the summer sun, and I would not be surprised in the least to find that your kids do as well. In fact, I bet you would have a difficult time finding any child that does not like wagon rides.
That’s why Firefly Mommy brings you our take on the best wagon for kids.
Today’s top kids wagons have a lot of features that can really cater to your family’s particular needs. We reviewed a variety of kids wagons that really cater to common uses, such as a good beach wagon, a wagon for babies, as well as the top wagon with a canopy.
Which wagon suits you and your family best is going to depend on how you want to use it. Our kids love to use their wagon, so we want to help you find a wagon for your littles too.
With that said, you should really read through some of the features to consider below. I think they will really help your decision making process and help you to find a wagon that your kids will love for years to come. I also included a quick comparison chart for those in a hurry.
Check out our Favorite Kids Wagon
We list a few suggestions below that might shed some light on reasonable features to consider before you make a purchase. You can also jump down to the comparison chart below for quick answers and details.
Top Kids Wagons Comparison Chart
Best Kids Wagon
When it comes to wagons, there is one name that most people turn to; that name is of course Radio Flyer. Radio Flyer has been around for over 100 years and has made its name not only with its reputation but unbelievably in Hollywood too.
Today we are going to be looking at the deluxe family wagon, which seems to be one of the flagship products for the company at the moment. The deluxe family wagon comes flat packed, accompanied by a simple instruction booklet to help out with assembly.
The family wagon is reasonably easy to assemble and takes around 30 minutes. The Radio Flyer deluxe family wagon weighs in at approximately 32 pounds, and it feels nice and sturdy once assembled. One of the beauties of this family wagon is its two fold-down seats.
The family wagon, like all Radio Flyer wagons this one also has an extra-long pulley which neatly folds under the base of the wagon for tidy storage. Radio Flyer takes so much on board when creating these little wagons; it even has four drink holders for the little ones and the parents.
The family wagon, of course, comes with the safety features you would expect, such as seat belts and a durable front axle which results in a non-tip turning system. The Radio Flyer also comes equipped with Dura-Tred tires. These tires make the ride as smooth and comfortable as possible for your little passengers.
The Radio Flyer is suited for little ones aged 18 months to 5 years and also comes with a UV protection canopy to keep your nippers out of the dangers presented by the sun. When it comes to a wagon for your young one, Radio Flyer is certainly a known and trusted name, so if you are looking for something durable, comfortable and with a strong reputation, this could be it.
- 10” ALL-TERRAIN RUBBER AIR TIRES: the rugged all-terrain rubber air tires provide a smooth ride on any terrain. The air tires are 10” in diameter and are perfect for hauling both toddlers and cargo.
- VERSATILE FOLDING SEATS: the Deluxe All-Terrain Family wagon has patented 5-way folding seats. The versatile seats provide 5 storage and seating options.
- STORAGE CAPACITY: the wagon features 4 cup holders, 2 for children and 2 for adults. With a weight capacity of 200 lbs., this wagon can haul it all including coolers, chairs, diaper bags, sports equipment and more!
- SAFE FOR KIDS: the seats feature two seat belts for added safety and the UV protection canopy protects your little ones from the sun. The plastic body is also easily wiped clean.
- SPECIFICATIONS: assembled dimensions are 41. 5” L x 21.75” W x 13.75” H. Recommended for kids 1 ½+ years. Maximum weight capacity 200 lbs.
The Creative push-pull wagon has undoubtedly seen a rise in popularity over the last few years, and it’s not difficult to see why. Unlike the Radio Flyer, the Creative is one of the foldable options on the list, and for many, this is a great selling point.
The first thing we notice with the Creative is the way it looks, while some wagons are guilty of looking plastic and cheap, the Creative is not. The Creative looks stylish and classy. You can tell by looking at the Creative wagon that its a well made wagon.
This wagon not only looks sturdy; it truly is. The maximum carrying weight of the Creative wagon is 150 lbs. That’s astonishing when we realize it’s the weight of a fully grown man. The great thing about having a wagon that can take this much weight is the opportunities it presents.
The Creative wagon is fantastic should you need to do a little grocery shop with the young one in toe. You can fit your groceries and the child in comfortably, with room to spare.
The only issue of note is the weight of this wagon. You should expect the extra weight with a build of this quality though. Everything else that can be said about this stroller is more than positive. There is no assembly required; it folds up and opens with surprising ease too. As far as wagons go, this one is a superb step up from a stroller as it offers your young ones so much more in the way of freedom.
If you are looking for fantastic comfort, strength, and plenty of space, the Creative Outdoor Distributor Push Pull Wagon could be the best option for you.
- The collapsible push/pull wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributor is built tough. Built with a steel frame and durable denier blend fabric - it can support up to 150 lbs.
- The removable canopy provides shade for your kids or pets while they ride in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays.
- The wagon is designed to be pushed or pulled - the front wheels have a 360-degree swivel. allowing you to maneuver around obstacles. The sturdy construction can take on all terrains - dirt, pavement, grass, or sand.
- This foldable cart is extremely portable - when not in use fold it up and store it in the trunk of your car, closet, or garage. When you need it - pull it out and expand.
- Take to children to the park, head to the local farmers market, work around the garden or yard, tailgating, shopping, music festivals, or trips to the beach - the wagon handles it all.
The Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Beach Wagon has been popular and topping review charts for quite a while now, and to be honest, it’s easy to see why.
The Mac has covered all the bases when it comes to what you could want from a wagon. The Mac offers not only a wagon for the young ones, but should you be heading out to the beach or even camping, this is for you.
The Mac, just like the Creative, requires no assembly and is a completely foldable option. The Mac is also one of the lightest options on our list; it weighs in at only 29lbs. We should also add, while it only weighs in at 29lbs, it also has a maximum capacity weight of 150lbs.
The Mac has become so popular for many reasons; the first is, of course, the tires. Unlike many wagons, The Mac uses four heavy-duty, all-terrain, rubber tires. These tires help the Mac keep its performance on point no matter where you are pulling it.
The Mac also comes equipped with a handy little side table should you find yourself using it while camping or out at the beach. One of the most incredible features of the Mac is control. The Mac handles and steers beautifully and is engineered to perfection. With the Mac, you have two options to choose from, the beach or the utility. The beach model is for the get-up and go person who won’t use it for children. The utility version has a sturdier front axle and is excellent for a child or a tired dog.
Unfortunately one of the few down points of the Mac is the ability to clean it. You cannot remove any of the material to clean it, which obviously can be a little bit of a pain.
- HEAVY DUTY - Folding outdoor utility wagon has a large capacity interior, perfect for storing camping gear, beach toys, snacks, and any other outdoor essentials. The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs. Interior measures approximately 36.2" x 21.4" x 24.59".
- COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon cart folds to only 10" thick for easy storage in a car trunk or coat closet. Folded size measures approximately 31.48" x 21.4" x 9.64". The durable 600D fabric can be easily cleaned so you can leave your messes outside.
- SIDE TABLE - Foldable wagon features 2 built-in cup holders and a mobile phone holder. Ensures that all of your drinks and snacks are close at hand, and you can grab your phone to capture memories!
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE - Collapsible wagon includes an adjustable, telescoping handle for effortless transport. Perfect for drivers of any size.
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park, and camping. Once you’re back indoors, the wagon folds up for easy storage around the house and includes a carrying case.
If it’s a luxury wagon you are after, the Wonderfold is the wagon of choice for you. While it may be the priciest option on the list, you do get what you pay for.
The Wonderfold is designed with all the engineering enthusiasm of car design. The Wonderfold doesn’t only contain a front control axle; it also heavy-duty front wheel bearings and a front side suspension. The suspension and bearings pair with two 8 inch front wheels and allow for probably the best steering you can get from a wagon.
The Wonderfold requires a small amount of assembly, but it’s so simple, you won’t require the instructions at all. This fantastic little wagon can hold up to four little ones, and all four seats detach to make cleaning nice and easy.
This fancy little wagon even has a zipped mesh door to make things nice and easy when it comes to getting the young ones in and out.
The one thing that should be mentioned is that the Wonderfold does weigh a mighty 50 lbs but, with that added weight comes superb quality. The wonderfold has a maximum capacity weight of 280 lbs, which is almost double the wagons we have previously looked at.
When it comes to a luxury wagon that will certainly turn heads, no matter where you got, the Wonderfold could undoubtedly be a fantastic option for you. This incredible wagon folds up as easy as pie and, of course, comes fully equipped with a UV protection canopy.
So, if it’s luxury you are looking for, you don’t need to look any further.
- GREAT FOR OUTDOORS – Baby bags. Booster seats. Strollers. Sometimes, taking our little ones on the go with us is nearly impossible! Luckily, our heavy-duty WonderFold Multi-Function Four Passenger Wagon is travel-friendly and carries up to 300 pounds. With high face to face seats, this stroller wagon holds up to 4 toddlers and makes it easy to take the entire family to the park, beach, campsite, and more!
- DURABLE & COLLAPSIBLE – Our user-friendly design makes this wagon easily foldable with minimal assembly required. The one-step folding design allows you to fold and store your WonderFold Wagon in seconds. All seats can be easily removed to transform the stroller wagon into a utility wagon perfect for sports equipment, camping gear, and luggage.
- SAFETY HARNESS AND PUSH HANDLE – Our wagon is designed with 5-point safety harnesses, a front zipper door for children's easy access, and a deep carriage with mesh panels for increased ventilation. When little ones are in the basket, the user-friendly push handle makes it easy to keep an eye on them while you're on the move.
- CANOPY & COMFORT – This wagon comes with a slidable and removable UV protected canopy for ultimate comfort in various weather conditions.
- SAFE & REPUTABLE – Our easy one-step foot brake keeps this wagon safe by securely locking rear wheels while it's idle. Plus, heavy-duty 8-inch front wheels with suspension and bearings and 10-inch rear wheels make for smooth maneuvering and comfortable rides. Our tires never require pumping, making this U.S. Patented collapsible wagon the hassle-free solution to your travelling woes.
The Goplus is the last wagon on our list and a great little all-rounder. The Goplus folding wagon is yet another simple option that requires no assembly and could have a ton of purposes.
While the SNAN Wagon isn’t generally the first option parents look at, it is a perfect all-round wagon that holds its own with the best of them. The first thing we should discuss is the material; the SNAN Wagon is made from Oxford polyester. When it comes to sturdy material, this is the stuff you want.
This little wagon is also available in a few different styles; its base stock color is a gentle deep red. If however, you are feeling a little more daring, it’s also available in camo, and in blue.
Like many of our other options, the SNAN Wagon is foldable. It’s probably the easiest one on the list to fold. Another great option is the telescopic handle; this is something that a lot of wagons miss, thankfully, the SNAN did not.
The SNAN Wagon, when coming against some of our other options, does match up quite well. It weighs in at 24lbs and yet again, has a maximum load capacity of 250lbs. When comparing the SNAN Wagon to the rest of the list, it really can be an outstanding option.
If you are looking for a durable, reliable, and budget option, SNAN Push and Pull Collapsible Utility Wagon is probably the choice for you.
- HIGH QUALITY: Folding wagon is made of strong steel frame and durable hardware, full welding to make frame firmly reinforced. Inside the cart, the built-in PVC board and thickened pearl cotton are adopted to make this wagon more anti-shock. Collapsible cart adopts double-layer oxford fabric, which is also double stitched to strengthen the solidity. What's more, the oxford fabric is not only waterproof but also wear-resisting.
- LARGE CAPACITY & MULTI-PURPOSE: Collapsible wagon outside dimensions about is : 31*20*33’’(H*W*L). Folding cart’s max capacity is 250lbs, weigh is 24lbs. Collapsible wagon can be used to pack and move things in outdoor activities, such as big shopping days, camping, fishing, parks, barbecues,sports,picnic, beach, garden,etc.
- REMOVABLE CANOPY: Updated all-terrain fold wagon adopts oxford-cloth canopy, which is quite easy to assemble and remove. Just remove canopy and retract all four canopy poles, it become a common wagon. And you can fold up canopy and place in the extra pocket we provide for convenient use next time you need it. It can provide shade for your pets and goods, protecting them from rain and harmful UV rays.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLES & ALL-TERRAIN WHEELS: Collapsible wagon is equipped with two handles, you can choose to push or pull it. Both of the handles are designed with round grips, which is more ergonomics, hence it’s effortless for you to push or pull. Telescoping handles in front can be extended to 31’’, and the handle in behind also can be adjusted height. Collapsible cart is equipped with extra large tires with 7" of diameter, which can rotate in 360°, it can move smoothly and go anywhere.
- EASY TO STORAGE & FOLD: All terrain collapsible outdoor wagon with canopy provides extra storage basket and two mesh bags, making it more convenient and flexible for you to carry small goods. You can take some emergency items such as beverage and umbrellas. This collapsible wagon can be folded into a portable size of 33*9*23’’ (H*W*L). Fold in seconds, no tools required. You can take it around to anywhere anytime. You can fit it in closet, garage or in the trunk of any standard car.
Top Wagons For Kids Features
The best wagons for kids might offer seating, or might offer an open space with no seats at all. It really depends on what your kids will enjoy in a variety of situations. If you want seats, then comfortable seating is important for obvious reasons. Depending on the age of your kids, being able to buckle-in your kids will let you keep them safe and secure. Some kids wagon models also feature removable seats, so you can have the best of both worlds.
When you are out in the sun, or on the beach, drink holders are a helpful addition to the equation. Keeping drinks accessible to your kids is important in order to avoid dehydration in hot weather. Drink holders can also help to keep your kids cups clean, and up off the ground. After all, keeping leaky drinking cups in a storage bag is less than ideal.
Quality stroller wagons are going to feature smooth tires, suspension systems, and easy pivoting wheels so you can turn and maneuver in any direction you might need.
If you want to take your family on an adventure, a folding kids wagon is essential for easy packing into your vehicle. When you consider all the other accessories that you are likely to pack for a road trip, the best folding kids wagons will take up little space and be easy to open and close.
Sun protection is important and shielding your child’s skin from bright UV sunlight is another important feature that the top kids wagon might offer. If you are at the beach, a lot of sunblock and a big beach umbrella are probably more appropriate. But when you are out for a long walk at the fair, or at the park, a quality kids wagon with a canopy overhead can help prevent sunburn, and even provide a cozy sanctuary for a mid-day nap.