Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Baby Co-Sleepers Reviewed
We carry our babies in our bodies for nine months, and when we finally get to take them home for the first time we are expected to sleep on the other side of the room!? I don’t think so!
Here’s where the baby co-sleeper steals the show. What a godsend! Now you can all sleep better knowing your baby is safe while also being easily accessible.
That’s why Firefly Mommy brings you our review of the best co-sleeper, so everyone gets a better night sleep.
There are a number of fantastic options and uses of baby co-sleepers. To name a few — as a bedside co-sleeper bassinet, a convenient travel co-sleeper, or an in bed co-sleeper that will keep baby safe.
With the wide variety of possible arrangements, the best use of your co-sleeper is really going to differ from one parent to the next. Thankfully there are excellent options for all of us!
Check out our favorite Co-Sleeper
We list a few suggestions below that might shed some light on reasonable features to consider before you make a purchase. You can also jump down to the comparison chart below for quick answers and details.
Top Co-Sleeper Comparison Chart
If you’re in the market for a bassinet, then you could do worse than opt for the HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Premiere Series, a co sleeper that has won favorable reviews from professional reviewers and consumers alike. It has won plaudits for allowing parent and child to sleep so closely together.
The bedside co sleeper has a swivel feature that allows it to be positioned close to the bed when it comes to sleeping time, but in the morning, it can be rolled away so you can get up without any difficulty. That’s a welcome feature, but what about robustness?
How does the baby co sleep bassinet fare on the security front?
With a sturdy base, this bedside bassinet performs well. It has a weight that gives peace of mind that it’s not going to break any time soon. However, while it may be strong and heavy, it doesn’t come across as bulky — indeed, since it can be placed under the bed, this isn’t an issue whatsoever.
Of course, this could be seen as something of a downside, since the significant footprint means that it’s unlikely that you’re going to transport this bedside co sleeper once it has been set up. It’s kind of awkward to transport, unless you’re happy to give your muscles a thorough workout.
Yet even this can be seen as a positive: you won’t be taking it on vacation with you, sure, but the sheer robustness of the baby co-sleeper means that it’s unlikely to be accidentally tipped over. Parents are generally happy to give up a little convenience in order for it to be safe.
It can also help your little one get to sleep, too. The co-sleeper bassinet includes a “Soothing Center” that features a nightlight, soothing sounds, and three lullabies, among other features.
- Rotates and swivels 360 degrees to bring baby to you for close, safe sleep. Side wall lowers so tending to baby is easy. Wall can be locked in the upright position, if desired.
- Unlike other bassinets, its 360 degrees rotation makes getting in and out of bed hassle-free. Ideal for nursing mothers and mothers recovering from C-sections.
- Stable 4-point base adjusts to fit most beds from 24” to 34” tall. Base easily tucks under bed and requires only 32” clearance from wall, making it ideal for small spaces.
- Includes 100% polyester coordinating fitted sheet. Made from polyester that wipes clean with a damp cloth. Sheet is machine washable. Includes storage pocket to keep baby’s essentials close by.
- Polyurethane mattress pad is waterproof and contains no toxic flame retardants.Independently tested to meet or exceed all U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and Health Canada safety standards for bassinets. JPMA certified.
This baby co sleeper attaches to beds easily and will allow both you and your child to get a good night’s rest. If you’re like most parents, then that’s exactly what you need. That functional simplicity is why we highly recommend that you take a look at the Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper.
It comes with a range of welcome features that’ll ensure they’re comfortable throughout the night, and has won plenty of plaudits for the safety and overall construction of the item, which means you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that your little one is secure.
Part of the appeal of this bassinet is that it’s flexible. You can set it up wherever you are as an individual baby bassinet, so your child can rest. But at night, you can quickly convert it so that it can become a bedside co-sleeper. The setup of the item means that you can put it flush against your bed, so your child will always be within easy within throughout the night.
It comes with an adjustable height, with six different heights included, so that you can choose the one that’s right for your bed. One of the main advantages of this co-sleeper bassinet is that it is light. You’ll be able to move it from room to room without too much difficulty.
Your child will like it too, since it provides enough room to move around in, yet is fully secure. There are mesh walls so that air keeps on circulating around. This is good for you parents, too, since it’ll allow you to keep a close eye on your baby from a distance. The easy set up — it requires no tools — has also been highlighted by previous consumers as a big plus point.
- LOCAL - Trusted by parents for over 20 years, we are American based and design our products in Rhode Island, USA
- SAFE and COMFORTABLE - Sleep soundly knowing that your baby is safer and comfortable. Your little one will rest on a comfy, yet firm mattress covered in a soft sheet that is machine washable.
- MOBILE- Lightweight enough to move from room to room, the Beside Me Dreamer can be used as a bedside bassinet/co-sleeper in beside your bed, or as a bassinet out in the living room. Convenience is key!
- ADJUSTABLE- 6 position height adjustment allow the sleeper to accomodate to most beds.
- ACCESS- Easily lean over to nurse, comfort or just check on your baby during the night
The Milliard Bedside Bassinet Co-Sleeper was designed and manufactured with the stresses of a parents’ first few months in mind. It’s a simple, easy to use baby co sleeper bassinet that places your baby next to your bed — the adjustable height feature ensures that they can be securely by your side.
While the basic setup might seem straightforward and simple, the design packs in a lot of features that will be appreciated by parents (and also your child).
For instance, there are two primary applications that this co-sleeper is ideal for: As a standalone bassinet or as a side-sleeper next to the parents’ bed. These options can keep you child within reach during the early months, and help to start the process of independent sleeping as they grow.
There are a few things that’ll help your child to get to sleep more quickly, too. For example, side to side rocking. You can gently rock your child away into the land of Nod.
Unlike some of the other options, this bassinet does not include a soothing sound unit. On one hand, that might disappoint some. But for those who don’t want to deal with batteries or just wouldn’t use that option, this co-sleeper can save you some money as well as provide super easy assembly.
There are other features designed with practicality for parents in mind, too. For example, the mesh sides. This allows easy viewing of the baby, and generally allows you to feel closer to your little one.
You can tell this is an item designed with busy parents in mind. There isn’t much complicated about this bedside co sleeper. For example, assembly and storage really only takes a few minutes to accomplish. It can be up in just a few minutes, and no tools are required.
The versatile and lightweight nature of the item means that it can be easily transported as well. When you need to move your child to a different part of the home or into the yard for some sunshine, you can do it all without a struggle.
- TWO MODES – can be used as a STANDALONE BASSINET, and as a SIDE-SLEEPER bassinet, attached to an adult bed (with included bed straps).
- SAFE – Meets or exceeds all US safety regulations for side-sleeper bassinets + EASY ASSEMBLY with clear instructions and NO TOOLS NEEDED.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE to accommodate bed heights of 23”-31” high. Measure from the top of the adult mattress to the floor.
- Easy access STORAGE POCKETS around the bassinet fit baby essentials like diapers, wipes, and more.
- SHEET – comes with a waterproof mattress encasement and one washable sheet for the ultimate in convenience. We sell extra sheets here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089H1VJT3
Life never really stops for parents, especially in this day and age, where we’re forever on the move. Such was the thinking behind the design of the Lulyboo Bassinet To-Go Metro. Lightweight, comfortable, and easily transportable, it’s a co sleeper that can be used anywhere and everywhere.
The most unique aspect of this sleeper is that it folds up into a backpack, which makes it an extremely good option for traveling. You can take it with you wherever you go, and your little one will be able to have a restful night of sleep.
The Lulyboo Bassinet To-Go Metro is also designed for outdoor adventures — whether that’s as grand as taking a long family vacation, or a day at the park or the beach, you’ll be ready.
Indeed, this is an incredibly versatile piece of kit. It can be used in the home, for instance — you can just place it on the kitchen table or in the yard, or anywhere, as needed. When you’re on the move, it can be used as a changing station when there are no others around.
It’s not just for sleeping or other practical purposes, either: it can also double up as a play pen for your child. And there are a couple of thoughtful features, too. For example, there’s a cover that can be brought down when you’re outside, and protect your baby from the sun and wind.
As a travel co-sleeper, it’s especially good for traveling. When you’re without the child’s usual treasure chest of toys and so on, there’s an easily attachable hanging toy bar included in the box. It’ll help to keep them entertained. When the sleeper is not in use, you can simply carry it on your back — it’s lightweight enough to feel like any other backpack.
- Transforms into a backpack in one motion with outer storage pocket for baby essentials
- Super-lightweight construction at less than four pounds
- Includes removable activity bar and canopy
- Award winning design, safety tested & certified
- Waterproof base, machine washable cover
If you want to sleep close to your child in your own bed, then the Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Afterglow Infant Sleeper is a recommended option. It’s sturdy enough to ensure that your baby is fully safe, but accessible enough that they’re always within reach when necessary.
You can also safely purpose the Snuggle Nest Afterglow as an in bed co-sleeper without worrying about rollover, since there are two rigid walls designed to prevent exactly that. Also included is a soft night light, which can be used to ease your child into the world of sleep, and also by you to check in on your baby.
The sleeper will perform well in your home, but that’s not all — you can also take it along while you are on the move. If you’re traveling, you can simply fold it up into an easy to carry package, and take it with you. Indeed, this is something that all new parents will appreciate.
You never know where you’ll be when your child decides that they need to sleep. The lightweight and easily transportable nature of the sleeper means that you can unfold it wherever you happen to be.
It’s a simple design, and lacks some of the more sophisticated features of other baby co-sleepers, but that is part of its appeal. And especially with customers, who have talked glowingly about how cute and cozy this sleeper is. It’s an attractive option for those new parents who want to have their baby in their bed with them, but who are understandably worried about the risks attached.
Robust yet small enough to fit comfortably in the bed, it’ll help you and your newborn baby to have a safe and secure night’s sleep within reaching distance of one another. It puts you close enough to look after and monitor your baby, but far enough away that you all have your own space.
- Use to create a more open and protective area for a baby sleeping in an adult bed. Also great as a bed or daytime napper. To help prevent falls, do not use this product when the infant begins to push up on hands and knees, can roll over or has reached 15 pounds, whichever comes ﬁrst
- Soft nightlight for easy checks on baby
- Two rigid, vented wall units separate baby and adult bedding and help prevent rollover
- Folds compactly for easy travel with room for a few small items inside
- Waterproof foam mattress with a fitted, wraparound sheet
Top Baby Co-Sleepers Features To Consider
There are so many reasons that co-sleepers and bassinets make caring for your infant much, much easier. Looking over the features and designs prior to making your selection will provide the most possible benefit to both you and your baby, so everyone can sleep more soundly.
Bedside vs ‘In-Bed’
These are the two big options and they each provide strengths and weaknesses. In bed co-sleeprs are smaller and also more portable due to their size. However, a bedside co-sleeper that attaches to bed framework keeps the mattress open for the adults to spread out a bit more. On top of that, lightweight bedside models double as a co-sleeper bassinet that you can move throughout the home for convenient use.
If you opt for a bedside co-sleeper, you need to make sure it will work correctly with the height of your bed. Many manufacturers make their co-sleepers with height adjustments so you can find what works the best for you and your baby.
Most nightlights are pretty soft lighting, which makes sense. You don’t want glaring light waking up baby every time you want to check on them. But as soft as they are, they are particularly helpful with newborns that need frequent checking as well as sleepy 2 AM diaper changes.
Smaller co-sleepers are going to be more portable and lightweight. An in bed co-sleeper like the Lulyboo Bassinet To-Go Metro, which we review below is as lightweight and travel friendly as you will find. For in-home use, finding a good lightweight co-sleeper will make it easier to move around the home when you need a bassinet in the living room for napping.
One of the most functional and helpful features of a quality co-sleeper is storage space. It doesn’t take a ton of extra storag to become really helpful. Just a couple of storage compartments for diapers, wipes, or an extra pacifier can be incredibly valuable when your baby is awake in the middle of the night.