Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Baby Cradles Reviewed
For most parents, the nursery isn’t complete without a comfortable and safe cradle. With that level of popularity comes many, many different models to sort through, which can make finding the best cradle for your baby a bit challenging, but very worth it.
Cozy napping is important for newborns and infants. Unfortunately for us parents, constant napping isn’t likely in the foreseeable future.
Instead, getting the to-do list reduced to within reason is often more pressing. Today’s best baby cradles are very helpful in that regard, particularly for newborns and infants.
Few pieces of baby furniture are as truly versatile as a well-made cradle. From the bedroom, to the living room, to the in-law’s house, a reliable cradle can keep your baby comfy-cozy.
Moving the average-sized crib around the house isn’t really an option, so a baby cradle can serve a lot of purposes that a crib just cannot.
For a mom who is spending every waking moment tending to the needs of an infant, the ability to do some self-care and keep up with the home is a welcome change. Since a cradle can go where you go, it really can provide some freedom and let you keep up with your routine.
The Firefly Mommy team are here to help you find the best cradle for your baby. We are parents too, and we know how helpful the right baby accessories can be. That’s why we reviewed 5 of the top cradles for babies. See our top picks!
Check Out Our Favorite Baby Cradle
We list a few suggestions below that might shed some light on reasonable features to consider before you make a purchase. You can also jump down to the comparison chart below for quick answers and details.
Top Baby Cradles Comparison Chart
Best Baby Cradle
If you are looking for a light and portable bassinet that is sleek in design, super breathable, and ideal for traveling, then the Chicco LullaGo Primo is perfect. And, while the bassinet is light and great for traveling, it is also sturdy and durable.
The Chicco LullaGo Portable Bassinet had see-through sides, which means that you can easily see your baby at any time. This also makes the bassinet extra ventilated. And, for extra comfort, it has a large soft memory foam mattress. The mattress has a zip-and-wash pad, and a bonus fitted sheet, which is and extra-soft knited fabric.
If you like to jet off for last-minute weekends away, or even longer holidays, the snap-on metal lets aid you in the speed of breakdown and reassembly. It also makes it easy to store. You’ll find a travel carry bag in the box with two sturdy straps to make carrying the bassinet simple and easy.
For extra interest, there is a cute canopy that has two soft birds hanging from it. The canopy is half made from mesh, so you can peer in to see the baby without having to disturb them, or stand directly over the bassinet.
All of the fabric is easy to remove and can be washing in the washing-machine, though like most it should be air-dried rather than put in the dryer.
What do parents love about it? They love that it is a little bit deeper than it looks, meaning baby has room to grow and that it has a storage pocket that fits a spare sheet, or perhaps an extra diaper or outfit. The disassembly takes minutes, and putting it back together is equally as quick. And, that can be moved quickly from room to room is a big bonus.
- Large memory foam mattress with zip-and-wash pad and bonus Fitted Sheet
- Mesh side panels provide visibility and ventilation
- Snap-on metal legs for fast and easy setup and storage
- Flat fold and included carry bag for travel and storage
- All fabrics are removable and machine-washable
The Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle is a cutting edge bassinet. It comes with a range of design features that meet the highest standards. The material is lightweight and durable, as you would expect for a premium design. Here are some of the features that make it worth consideration:
Inside the box, you will find that it has a stylish travel bag. The cradle can be set up in minutes, and the lightweight frame makes it easy to move around. The Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle folds down quickly and easily, and for this reason, it is ideal for taking with you when traveling with your baby.
The setup is easy, and the rocker itself glides on built-in wheels. And due to the portable nature of the cradle, it is easy to store away if you like to save on space or when not in use.
We all know that safety is a top priority when it comes to baby’s sleep, so you’ll be happy to know that the Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle meets all of the safety standards and only uses materials that meet FDA standards. Green Frog pride themselves on producing side sleepers with safety at the forefront of their minds.
Of course, being able to clean the material is essential. You can easily remove the aluminum frame and wash the fabric when you need to.
Buyers are leaving many 5 star reviews and comment on the beautiful color, the great size, and the ease of use. Making the Green Frog Baby Rocking Cradle parent-approved.
- SAFETY FIRST: Low height and transparent mesh side windows ensures that you always have a view and easy reach of your baby, the gorgeous round windows also ensures plenty of airflow and ventilation.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND TRANSPORTABLE: Easy to move around the house just lift and glide on the custom designed wheels
- PREMIUM MATTRESS AND SHEET INCLUDED: Includes a Premium-Comfort mattress with just the right firmness for a newborn baby, along with a washable cotton slipcover sheet
- COMPLETELY WASHABLE: Fabric can be removed from the aluminum frame and washed
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Totally easy to assemble or take apart with snap-on legs and rockers, comes with a gorgeous Green Frog carrying bag for on-the-go
If you are looking for something a little larger, then the Simmons Kids Deluxe Gliding Bassinet is ideal. The super-soft bassinet has a gentle side to side rocking motion, which is a similar motion that they experienced while in the womb, and the mother was walking around in day to day life. It only takes a gentle push to get the rocking motion-activated too. Making it easy to use.
The activity mobile has a range of features designed to help you find what works best to help baby get to sleep. It has 3 preloaded lullabies. However, it is MP3-ready so you can play your own range of relaxing music for your baby instead. There is a soft glowing nightlight that provides comfort to the baby should they wake during the night, or may help them settle down in the evenings when they are initially placed in the bassinet. And, plush lambs that slowly spin to provide baby something to look at if they are awake.
For extra convenience, the bassinet is fitted with a storage basket underneath. This handy storage space can hold diapers, baby wipes, cream, and other outfits too. Making it very easy to have everything you need at arms-length, for those middle of the night and early morning changes.
The frame is lightweight and has lockable wheels so that you can secure it in position. And the mobile is attached via a swivel arm so it can easily be moved to ensure easy access to baby.
An added extra comes in the form of vibration. Some babies prefer vibration to rocking motions, and the Simmons Kids Deluxe Gliding Bassinet has that option. And a fitted sheet is provided.
Parents love how it looks and features like the mobile, storage, and how sturdy it is once put together. The main criticisms are that the vibration, lights, and music don’t last quite long enough, and the wheels and frame are too large to fit through some doorways. There are 5 different styles available, which means there is one for any style of interior or nursery.
- Recommended for babies up to 15 lbs. MP3-ready electronic mobile arm with spinning lamb toys, variable speed vibration, calming nightlight and relaxing music
- Easy access to baby with an adjustable, removable canopy and movable mobile with swivel arm Assembled dimensions: 34"L x 30.5"W x 54"H
- Soothing side-to-side gliding rock motion Includes a fitted sheet and a 1" water-resistant, memory foam pad
- Large storage basket underneath provides ample storage for all things baby Five adjustable height positions
- Locking casters make it easy to move from room-to-room Requires three C batteries (not included) JPMA certified and meets or exceeds all ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
This beautiful cradle has a very traditional style and feel. And, while it is on the larger side, it is designed with the growth of the baby in mind. It has a baby-safe, non-toxic finish and comes in 5 different colors. The arched foot and headboards are beautifully finished and give a very classic feel. It rocks at a steadier pace than many other cradles on the market too.
If you don’t like the idea of a rocking cradle but find the design beautiful, you’ll be happy to know it comes with support pins fitted so that the cradle will be stable and not move.
All of the edges are smooth, and so are the corners, and it is ergonomically designed too.
The Dream On Me Rocking Cradle comes with a mattress pad. You can purchase a range of brands in terms of fitted sheets, so it gives a lot of choices.
It is recommended that once your baby can roll or push themselves up, they no longer use the Dream On Me Rocking Cradle.
Parents love this cradle for a range of reasons. It is easy to assemble for most people, and they love the classic style. While the Dream On Me Rocking Cradle is spacious, it doesn’t take up too much space when next to the bed. Although most reviews do recommend that you replace the mattress that it comes with and swap it for something more suitable. Because of the traditional design and sturdiness, this cradle is something that could be kept and used again – or passed down to others.
- DUAL USE: Gently rock your LO to sleep thanks to the smooth rocking of the Rocking Cradle. It rocks to a steady pace unlike swinging. It can also also be made stationary using the simple support pin on one side of the cradle
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN: Built of solid wood, it boasts an ergonomic stylish design with arched head and footboards, smooth edges and corners. It is available in five classy non-toxic finishes that blend beautifully with a variety of nursery themes
- SAFETY MATTERS. ALWAYS: At Dream On Me, safety is our top priority. The Rocking Cradle is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM
- IDEAL FOR THE EARLY MONTHS OF PARENTHOOD: The Dream On Me Rocking Cradle recommended for use with newborns to 20 pounds or until the baby can roll from side to side or push up. It boasts roomy interiors and comes equipped with a slumber pad
- PRODUCT SPECS: Product dimensions are 38 L x 22 W x 32.5 H inches. It weighs 17.5 lbs
This baby co sleeper attaches to beds easily and will allow both you and your child to get a good night’s rest. If you’re like most parents, then that’s exactly what you need. That functional simplicity is why we highly recommend that you take a look at the Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper.
It comes with a range of welcome features that’ll ensure they’re comfortable throughout the night, and has won plenty of plaudits for the safety and overall construction of the item, which means you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that your little one is secure.
Part of the appeal of this bassinet is that it’s flexible. You can set it up wherever you are as an individual baby bassinet, so your child can rest. But at night, you can quickly convert it so that it can become a bedside co-sleeper. The setup of the item means that you can put it flush against your bed, so your child will always be within easy within throughout the night.
It comes with an adjustable height, with six different heights included, so that you can choose the one that’s right for your bed. One of the main advantages of this co-sleeper bassinet is that it is light. You’ll be able to move it from room to room without too much difficulty.
Your child will like it too, since it provides enough room to move around in, yet is fully secure. There are mesh walls so that air keeps on circulating around. This is good for you parents, too, since it’ll allow you to keep a close eye on your baby from a distance. The easy set up — it requires no tools — has also been highlighted by previous consumers as a big plus point.
- 3 in 1 Convertible Mode: This baby bassinet is equipped with 3 convertible mode, it can be used as a stable baby crib, baby bedside sleeper or baby bassinets. The rails on the bottom can be turned conveniently and you can change the mode freely to meet your different needs
- Conforms to ASTM F2906 & CPSC: Every AMKE baby bassinet is tested and certified under the strict regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Administration and American Society for Testing and Materials. Meet the regulations of US about baby bassinet! More trustworthy.
- Premium Aluminum Material for Durability: Constructed of thick aviation aluminum alloy frame, this baby bedside crib is light weight and stand firmly when ready to nurse, breastfeeding or feed. Moreover, the visible mesh windows allow better visibility and ventilation for the baby.
- Adjustable Height: The smart and adjustable design of AMKE portable crib makes it ideal for babies and parents. This bedside crib features scientific six gear adjustment levels(12.7-19.5 inches). This will make it easier for you to care for your baby, even in the middle of the night. In bedside sleeper mode, it snugs right up against your bed, making it ideal for a newborn and breastfeeding mom.
- Easy and Tool-free Assembly:Disassemble and fold in under a few minutes,you only need to do is to press the marbles on the side of the tubes; From Birth to 6 months/33lbs or until baby can pull themselves into an upright position.Moreover, a deep basket at the bottom of the bassinet provides spacious space to store baby daily essentials, such as feeding bottles, diapers, toys, etc.
Top Baby Cradle Features To Consider
As adults we sleep better when air can flow freely around our bed. Infants and newborns do as well. Air flow is important for safety reasons as well, but those same mesh fabrics that allow air flow also provide for easy monitoring from a distance. Being able to see your baby sleeping soundly, or maybe beginning to stir, can be helpful to set your mind at ease.
If you want to be able to rock your baby while they are in the cradle then this is an option you’ll need to look for. Not all baby cradles offer this feature, while some models will provide both stationary and rocking configurations so you can use your cradle either way.
This is a big benefit for us, as a quality cradle can serve as a day bed for your napping newborn. Moving your large crib around the house is all but impossible, and becomes entirely unnecessary if you find the best cradle for your baby. Aside from moving the baby cradle throughout your home, some of the top baby cradle models can really help by providing your little one a place to rest when you are visiting friends and family outside the home.
Setting up furniture for your kids can get pretty demanding, depending on the designs. And having an extra pair of helping hands isn’t always realistic. Fortunately, some of the best baby cradles offer easy assembly, as well as disassembly. This aspect becomes important if you need to transport your baby cradle to another house, and the cradle doesn’t easily fit in your vehicle.